... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Change


How do you respond when life throws you a curve ball?

Last week I found out about a few changes coming my way. 

It's not that they are really big changes, 
in fact they will be good changes.
But!!
It all means a change and shift in perspective.

It means change to my carefully laid out plans,
to my very exact expectations,
to my neatly ordered life,
to my weekend time,
kid time,
and my time.

This change got me thinking ...
about how easy it is to settle for ordinary ...
how we can so easily take things for granted
and just cruise through life on auto pilot.

It's not until change comes that we rethink, reevaluate and reset where we are going and what we are doing.

How do you gracefully embrace change or more importantly how will I embrace this change?

How will I grow, 
alter a mind set,
vary my expectations,
amend my outlook?
I had to pause, take time out and get my head around it.
I needed to prioritise, contemplate and readjust.
I think I have done that. 
I'm still processing it and getting good with it all.

But ...
No matter what,
I don't want to stay the same.


'Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.' - Maria Robinson.


Have you thought about a new ending lately?

Side note (the weekly linky is currently on hiatus indefinitely but please feel free to link up with my 'inspire me' page here.)





Photobucket

4 'heart 2 hearts'…heartfelt comments here.:

Unknown said...

Praying for ease of transition. It is times of change where I realize those things to which I have a closed fist. And, I begin to desire for me to hold everything, palms up, fingers spread wide, in thanksgiving for whatever God has for me.

caz1975 said...

Change can be scary but often we look back and wonder why we resisted when it brought such amazing things. Hope what's ahead is all good for you :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I love the quotation at the bottom. Reminds me of the scripture - "His mercies are new every morning"
God bless
Tracy

Jessica Johnson said...

change is usually good. scary, but good. praying for you, girl! thankful for your perspective. it's healthy and Godly. you will do great!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing, kind words are sunshine to the soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...