... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Inspire me - Friends




destined, devoted, daring

Today for 'Inspire me' I wanted to give room to honour a few beautiful and beloved individuals, people who really do inspire me beyond words. Wonderful, warm and caring girls who live life graciously, valiantly and bravely... who in varying seasons of life and despite their circumstances and struggles of ill health, a bitter divorce, a lost job, no baby, an empty home or an absent Dad are facing life's adversity with great courage. The storms of life have blown fierce and strong but still they remain rooted and grounded. Arising from the midst of heartache they smile at the future.

You too may know this girl! The one who stands resolute, face turned towards the sunrise, her eye focused on the future.... she embraces the new dawn with expectation and hauls herself over each new obstacle in her path refusing to give up or quit. She may be your mother, a sister, a daughter, a friend or perhaps she may even be you!


My dear friends,
I honour you today.

Today I was inspired by your courage, tenacity and grace
So brave of you to stand so tall .. a smile upon your face
For I glimpsed a light inside of you - it shone so brilliantly
Thou the way has been quite rough - you live life valiantly
The storm did not contain you nor did it keep you small
I saw a girl who walked with hope - A girl who gave it all
A girl embracing all her dreams
A life of purpose it would seem
So my friend, I cheer you on and love all that I see
For I know your heart is well and you are truly free.
© Copyright k.weight 2011


capture, celebrate, cherish

9 'heart 2 hearts'…heartfelt comments here.:

Shanda said...

That was such a sweet post. You are truly an inspiration as well.

caz1975 said...

I have figured out how to put the link up button thing in my sidebar, but how do I put it in a post? Just copying and pasting the html stuff into the post doesn't work? Sorry I'm so clueless at this stuff!

Heart n Soul said...

Hey Caz .... when you write your post you will see two tabs at the top of your post in the edit mode labelled visual and HTML....paste the code into the HTML tab. (Near the bottom of your writing - you can preview it before publishing to see what it looks like.)

Lindsay said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today :) I know what you mean about friends. I have some amazing ladies who have changed my life!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute to beautiful ladies!

caz1975 said...

Thanks,all sorted now :-)

Shanda said...

I actually linked up twice and neither time is it posting. Not sure if your linky is working well.

Heart n Soul said...

Hey Shanda, I added your link so hope it is working now. Thanks for letting me know.

Unknown said...

Thank you for inviting me to link up:)
What a beautiful tribute to woman you wrote!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing, kind words are sunshine to the soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...