... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

'Inspire me' - Jami

We are now on Day 3 of the 'Inspire me' project and so excited to have
Jami sharing her thoughts with us today. She is living a very devoted life as a wife and mother of four gorgeous kids. Jami blogs to talk through her joys, struggles and every day life. She loves coffee, shopping and laughing until it hurts. In this post Jami delivers honest and insightful thoughts on facing her fears and overcoming those things that might keep her small or contained - She dares to bare her soul. (For more on this project click here.)

.....oh and am so very excited.... we have a surprise guest sharing her amazing story right here at the end of the week. She is outworking a very passionate cause close to her heart, rallying people in her world and impacting lives across the other side of the earth. You will be a amazed!



I never stop being amazed at the way God changes and shapes my spirit. I think the exciting part is there is still so much work to be done. One major way he is beginning to mold me is in the area of fear. Not the "I don't want to jump out of a plane" fear...I'm still afraid of that {and I'm ok with it}.
I'm speaking about the fear of "putting myself out there".
When I was younger and not walking in faith, fear ruled a large part of my life. I was afraid to fully use the talents that God had given me for fear that people wouldn't "like" what I had to offer. That they wouldn't think it was good enough. In relationships I made sure I stayed at an arms length, with very few exceptions, to avoid getting hurt. And if it looked like you were going to hurt me, I made sure to get you first. You've seen that a million times haven't you?, "I don't have to worry if she doesn't like me because I'm not going to like her first". On top of that I could definitely hold a grudge. You didn't think I would take the chance of someone hurting me twice did you?
That was me in a nutshell. Part of me was aware of how I was living but the truth is I didn't know there was any other way until I began to experience God's love, grace and forgiveness.
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. Romans 8:15
In all things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37
So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:6

Because of God's promises, and scriptures like these I step out. I do that in lots of ways. I began blogging as a creative outlet but I had to overcome the fear that no one would care what I had to say. I had to remind myself that if I am truly keeping God at the center, the rest would take care of itself. I opened an etsy shop because I have always wanted to own my own little shop and this was a way to do that while keeping my family the priority. What if no one thinks my stuff is cute? That's ok, I enjoy doing it.
I also do it by practicing forgiveness and showing grace. By praying that what I write or what I sell blesses someone else. That these endeavors help me be a better mommy and wife by helping to continually point me to Jesus. As wives and mother's we all "put ourselves out there" don't we? Did you ever think you could love someone as much as you do your children? Did you ever think you would be this vulnerable?Any success I have in life as a wife, mother or my many other roles is solely due to my Saviour. I give all glory to Him and I will try my hardest to seek His direction in all things.

Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each day this week I select one blog/blogger that has connected up with the "Inspire me' project for that day - by way of a comment or post and will highlight this blog the very next day on the new daily post.

So here is the blogger I am highlighting today. Amy has a beautiful story - she is changing the lives of teenage girls in her world. She is living a devoted and destined life as she reaches out, draws near and embraces a younger generation..... and flips pancakes as she does it!



Read my story at Indulge eMagazine (click the link)
Come back tomorrow to read another inspiring post and connect with the heart of this project. Thanks for visiting ... loved having you :)


linking up with 
'Shout Laugh Love'



destined, devoted, daring
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...