... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seriously!!

Amongst the business of life I sometimes get too serious (according to my children! - which is after they have been told to settle down from there much to boisterous frolicking!) Hhmmm ... its true. I think some of it has to do with the fact that I am parenting on my own. I am on duty 24/7 ... no let up ... always on the go, but seriously I love the 'awesomeness' of parenting. I am trying to loosen up though ... 

Laugh more often, muck around a bit more and find the joy in the every day. 

I should take lessons from my daughter, she really knows how to ham it up. A true comedian at heart, which is probably why we have to reign in the frivolity so often.  

I mean there is only so much squealing, giggling, tickling and play fighting that can go on in one day! She sure can sing at the top of her lungs, laugh uproariously and she really does make me laugh. She is a gentle reminder to not take life too seriously. So I am rather glad I have this lively, twirling, bouncing girl. (I think God knew what he was doing!) 

She has been dishing out a bit of parenting advice (You know, just in case I need it). 
Things like 'RELAX Mum', and 'Hey Mum, if you didn't keep telling us to do our jobs we would just get them done' Ha, really! ... so I tried it. It didn't work! 
Ahhh, the delight of the teenage years. I am thinking however that this 'unseriousness business' is a lesson I really could learn.

"You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!" Isaiah 55:12

          
 A few pics that the kids took
and they just might die if they knew I put these up
(you know, hugging and all!)
so sshhhh ... its just between us mkay ;)

linking up with  'Word Woman Wednesday' at House of Belonging
and 'picture me imperfectly' at Capturing Motherhood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...